Looking for full or part-time work? Mann Made was one of the first extrusion companies to offer turnkey service and utilize facsimile and CAD drawings and we have exciting employment opportunities to join our team. Contact us to apply today!
A Die Corrector possesses a unique skill specific to the aluminum extrusion industry. They will be involved in the correction, maintenance and continuous improvement of all extrusion tooling including dies, rings, bolsters, support tooling and some press tooling.
- Will work closely with the die shop supervisor, die corrector, extrusion manager, quality manager, the die shop team and die vendors.
- Responsible for correcting and maintaining extrusion tooling to produce profiles as designed.
- Will watch production at the press to determine flow inconsistencies and die performance to diagnose proper repair requirements.
- Will analyze and interpret nose pcs and profile samples to determine the dimensions and corrections required.
- Understands the proper methods for repairing and modifying dies, feeders, portholes and support tooling to achieve the production as designed.
- Will apply regular maintenance requirements of caustic cleaning, polishing, nitriding, as well as inspection for tooling stress cracks and excessive wear.
- Must have a full understanding of industry tolerance requirements and the use of precision measuring instruments and gauges.
- Will keep detailed records of die corrections and die history in Epics.
- Will have extrusion press operation experience that will allow them to distinguish between a tooling issue and press equipment caused issue.
- Will possess a strong grasp of die tooling vernacular and be able to communicate and discuss with others
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years die correction experience
- Advanced mathematical and analytical skills
- Advanced computer skills(Microsoft Office)-Epics and autoCAD a plus
- Ability to read/understand blueprints
- Ability to lift and maneuver 70 pounds
- Experience with mill, die oven and caustic system operations
- Experience with using a forklift and crane
Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to achieve forklift and crane certifications (prior forklift and side loader experience a plus).
- Manufacturing experience working in industrial production is strongly preferred.
- Must be available for nights and weekends with occasional overtime.
- Capable of reading and understanding production documents and safety manuals.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills.
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to always comply with all safety guidelines.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Attend all safety and production trainings.
- You will need to be reliable and punctual.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Ability to work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, odors, loud noise, and varying temperatures.
- Ability to perform physical tasks that are repetitive.
- Ability to do work requiring standing with frequent stooping, bending, reaching overhead and sufficient manual dexterity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Ability to lift, move parts and equipment up to 70 pounds.
- Able to work 12 hour shifts primarily standing.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, creed, sex, disability, marital status, citizenship status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Extrusion Press Operator
- Operate controls for pressure, speed & temperature of the extrusion press.
- Periodically lubricate ram.
- Install & remove tooling in the press.
- Assist in troubleshooting problems in the extrusion process.
- Learn job skills and improve efficiency and quality.
- Work safely and efficiently.
- Report hazards, quality defects, and job injuries.
- Clean area after shift.
- Other duties as required.
- Job Type: Full-time
Entry Level Positions
We are looking for entry level positions as well. Please contact us for additional information and requirements.